Top Five Characteristics to Look for in a CPA Firm
Finding the right CPA firm can be overwhelming. You want to make sure that you find a firm with a variety of subject matter experts that are knowledgeable about different accounting and financial topics and most importantly, can serve your business needs. To help you find the right CPA firm, we have compiled the top five characteristics to look for in a CPA firm.
- Excellent Communication – Outstanding communication is key when it comes to handling your company’s finances. To create a sound and long-lasting relationship, you want to make sure that the team of CPAs you are working with takes the time to listen to your needs as a business owner and communicates openly and honestly with you.
- Reliable – Trust is a big factor when hiring a CPA firm. Make sure to do your research and ask to speak to current and past clients of the firm. This will give you the chance to ask questions of the clients that know the firm best.
- Thinks Outside of the Box – When looking for a CPA firm, you don’t want a group that just does the basics such as simple auditing, filing taxes, preparing financial statements, etc. You want a team that can get creative and help you identify ways to save and assist with growing your business in the future.
- Professional – How a firm presents themselves and their clients goes a long way. Make sure the CPA firm you select not only looks professional, but also treats you with respect and appreciation.
- Knowledgeable in a variety of topics – Look for a CPA firm that is well-rounded on a variety of topics and focus areas, such as:
At HW&Co., we pride ourselves on taking the time to listen and truly understand our clients’ needs and business challenges. Experienced in a variety of markets and services to serve you, we believe that open communication and the power of a conversation can change everything. Let us know how we can help you. Connect with HW&Co. today.