HW&Co. understands that as Long Term Care providers, your team is facing new challenges on a daily basis. If you need more support, our Revenue Cycle department can assist with billing services and business office functions.
Waiver of 3-Day Hospital Stay and Additional Skilled Coverage
Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) care without a 3-day inpatient hospital stay will be covered for beneficiaries who experience dislocations or are otherwise affected by the emergency, such as those who are:
- Discharged from a hospital (in the emergency or receiving locations) in order to provide care to more seriously ill patients
- In need of SNF care as a result of the emergency, regardless of whether that individual was in hospital or nursing home prior to the emergency
System Set Up & Changes
Please contact us or refer to the homepage of PCC for instructions on changes to your system so that you can enter the Condition Code DR on claims relating to COVID-19, as appropriate. There is also information on the Home Page for adding a new COVID-19 Medicare payer. The need for this is based on facility preference.
Below are some additional items we discussed on our Spring Fling quarterly call earlier this week. If you would like to have a brief conversation to go over any of these items, please contact us:
- PCC Reports – A/R Aging and Reports Set Up
- PCC Modification to Census Screen for Medicare A Admission
- Exhibit 1 (Medicare co-Insurance from Medicaid Bad Debt)
- Medicare Part B Deductibles
- Livanta Issues
- Medicare Common Working File Claim Processing Issue
- Bundled payment 3-day waiver MCA Claim Processing Issue
- Survey Issues – Bed Hold Letters/Policy
- Medicare A Sequential Claims
Please reach out to one of our Healthcare Consultants with any questions you have.
|Jenna Bennett||Dottie Hauman||Kelly Sorensen|
|Senior Healthcare Consultant||Senior Healthcare Consultant||Senior Healthcare Consultant|